alicia's little thot at 8:43 PM

my home

my Id and contractor is still doing up my unit..so it means i can't spend my first xmas in my house..which also means i have got to wait for a year more to celebrate xmas in my house..

hmmm..rather sad though..was hoping to put up the tree this year..but then, no choice..i'll rather let them do it at a 'non-rush' pace then doing it at a fast pace but delivering bad quality..

hubby and i bought our home applicances le..

hee...i am super-excited about my fridge!!..even more than my washing machine, tv and air-con combined..haha

here's the list:

1. Panasonic Inverter Fridge..



super love the fridge..it has lots of good points..and it's an inverter fridge!..haha, first of it's kind..
the frezzer is at the bottom too...that means i can now stand straight and take my stuff :)

but the best part was its pricing..few weeks back, i saw it at Gain City for $1099..and i also checked a few places and the price has always remained at that..

so i was having the mindset of paying $1099 for it but when i went to Gain City on my birthday..it was selling for $959!!..haha, about $140 off the actual price..super happie now..can't wait for them to deliver it..

2. Toshiba Inverter Air-con


hee...finally after so many years, i am gonna have an air-con..hee hee...dear and i decided to go with Toshiba as we need one big unit for the living room and a normal one for our bedroom..we asked for the pricing of a few brands before shortlisting Daikin, Toshiba and Mitsubishi..

Daikin is the cheapest, has a rather good name in the air-con industry and has been around since i was small..plus if you take a look at air-con units around the HDB blocks, you would realise that most have them have installed Daikin..

but one bad thing is that it not an inverter series and the parts are very costly to replace in the event that they are spolit..

Mitsubishi is good but damn expensive lor...it was priced at $2.7K+..my Toshiba was priced at about $2.4K...Daikin was $2k..

Mitsubishi is rather over-rated..plus, hubby and i are not that mad to use it everyday..thus, it's Toshiba :) plus, their compressor is made in Japan :)

3. Samsung washing machine

i have no pics of it..haha, couldn't find it online..we bought a normal one, front load, 6.5kg..it would be for washing home clothes though..since i have been hand-washing my own office wear..i think i would hand-wash dear's work clothes too..cause' the sewing is not too good..am afraid that the washing machine's spinning would tear his clothes :)

hee...there's a good bargain for the washing machine too...i told the salesman that it was my birthday and that he should lower the price more...haha, he really did leh...lowered $50 of the washing machine..

actually, i was really trying my luck..didn't really thought he would say ok..haha..ask and you shall get..

4. EF (Italian Inspiration) Hob and Hood

hee..we decided to get a hood afterall.. :)

we got a stainless steel design hob to match my stainless steel sink..plus, i think stainless steel ones are more trustworthy..hee...can take heat and everything under the sun :)

5. Sony Digi-cam..

hee hee...we didn't intend to get it initially...but after buying all those stuff, the salesman asked if we wanna get the camera for $50..haha, we both said yes lor...since it's a Sony and it's 7mega-pixals..hahaha...bye bye my old camera!! :)

that's all for my purchases...total damage is $5K plus..

hmmm...we also booked our bed, sofa, tv console and coffee table with Cellini...will be making payment soon..

my cousin-in-law introduced Cellini to us..he told us to take a look cause' they have a package thingy and more 'worth it'..

plus, Cellini has been around for quite some years and their stuff can be trusted :)

as for our dining table, hubby and i decided get from Ikea..cause' they have a one that's rather good leh...costs $295 and sits 4 persons..but it could be extended to sit 6 pax..hee hee..

now it's the lights that i am troubled about..haven't got them..but hubby and i are gonna go check it out tomorrow..

would be dropping by Jalan Besar and Balestier..since they are known for such stuff..

then, if i can't get it, i'll check it out with my Id ba...reason why i am not getting it through him is because he previously brought me to a place to buy expensive toilet stuff..so i am a bit reluctant to go with him..

my 2 toilet bowls costed me $500...with the basins, taps, sprays, rain shower set, normal shower set, stainless steel double sink..it all came up to $2k plus..

i suspect my Id made some commission out of it lor..so, this time round, i've decided to check it out myself first...he has earned quite a bit of my money..so i don't wanna let him earn more..

haha..

hubby and i have also selected the paint colour for our house...hee....the extra two rooms would be in purple :)

shall upload pics when the people paints them :)

oh...the air-con is up!...super good!..